A warm welcome awaits you at
Wetherby and District Flower Club
which normally meets in The Methodist Church Hall, Bank Street on the first Thursday of the month at 7:30 pm.
For more information contact Mrs Jean Chapman on 01937 520591.
So what does the Club do?
The monthly meetings take the form of
- An AGM in November followed by an item of interest
- Themed practice nights when members take part
- Demonstrations of flower arranging by qualified demonstrators
- Occasional workshops
- Occasional talks of flower arranging or related subjects
- An outing in July to a garden of interest
What else goes on at a meeting?
- A well stocked sales table selling accessories
- A library of books to borrow
- A stall of publications to buy
- A plant stall in season
- A chance to make new friends
- A cup of coffee
- Lots of chat
Do you do anything else?
- Yes, occasional flower festivals in churches etc.
- The Club enters the Club classes at local flower shows
- We do the flowers at the Cheshire Home on a regular basis
How is the Club run?
- By a committee elected at the AGM.
- Members help serve refreshments at meetings.
How is the Club Financed?
- By members subscriptions and visitors fees.
- By the proceeds of the flowers raffled at demonstrations
What are the aims of the Club?
The aim of the Club is to promote the art of flower arranging which includes traditional and modern styles and designs incorporating the increasingly popular continental styles and aspects of craftwork. In fact, something to suit everybody.